Greetings! This is what is going on at Messiah this week, March 24, as we move forward together to be church.
- Worship – We had great participation on Sunday in worship live. Thank you for tuning in! We will continue worshipping like this for the near future. Lt. Governor Husted encouraged churches in his Sunday press conference to hold worship as we are. Worship Director Tyler Driggs and I will be working with some of you to add special music and other gifts remotely, too. So tune in next week, 10 AM at our Facebook page. If you would like to volunteer for some special music, email Tyler at email@example.com With so many of you sharing our worship we had over 1500 people view some portion of it. If you miss it, you can always find it anytime on our YouTube page, https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_SascpLvcG95gmESBZPCcA
- We are already in compliance completely with the new stay in place order for Ohio. Our office administrator, Linda Thompson is working Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday returning phone messages, responding to mail, paying bills and other tasks. Custodian Jude Rider continues to keep our physical plant in great condition. No one else is at the church nor will be other than Sunday morning worship leaders.
- We continue to have people head to our website and sign up for our new ministry, Beloved and be Loved. http://messiahlutheran.net/beloved-and-be-loved/ It is a way for us to share the gifts we have people who are in need. As the needs of our neighbor grow, this ministry will be valuable for our community.
- HEART is opening back up today. There is a lot of demand in our community for people in food emergency. During this time, neighbors will no longer shop. Instead, volunteers will pack boxes of food and bring them out to neighbors’ cars. If you are able, please help, sign up here www.mofb.volunteerhub.com/lp/momheart.
- Join me at 1:00 PM, Wednesday for a FB Live bible study on Acts 17:16-34.
- Deacon Elaine has been busy
- She will be putting together a calling tree for us to keep in touch. If you would like to call 8-12 people every two weeks just to check in, say hi hear concerns and be encouraging, send her an email and volunteer, firstname.lastname@example.org
- She is asking all parents of kids to send her an email and receive a couple of names of our members who would delight in receiving a drawing or a card from your child. Get out the crayons and get them to work! email@example.com
- I am launching a Pandemic Book Club! Our first book is suggested by our friend, Pastor Thadd. Liturgy of the Ordinary, Sacred Practices in Everyday Life, by Tish Harrison Warren. We will gather as a small group using Zoom to talk about the book in two weeks. Stay tuned for specific instructions to join the discussion. It is a short easy read. If we want to talk about this book for more than one week, we will. If not, we will move on to the next book, Searching for Sunday, by Rachel Held Evans. Here is a link where you can buy our first book on Amazon, https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Liturgy+of+the+Ordinary&ref=nb_sb_noss_2
Stay up to date by joining our Facebook Group page today. Regularly, we will post devotions, songs, and new ministries. We have a lot of ideas we are working on, including a hymn sing and cooking with Chef Martin. We will continue to be a cross shaped community, physically distant, but spiritually close. We share God’s heart and hope as always. Be safe for you and your neighbor.
Peace, Pastor Karl