Homosexuality: Church, Scripture, Society
Session 1: Church
- Opening Prayer
- Outline of class
- Three legged stool of Christian ethics: Tradition, Scripture, Culture
- Session 1-Church, Session 2, 3-Scripture, Session 4, 5-Society
- Respectful language, empathy for each other, don’t assume what you think you know about your neighbor, careful sharing
- I am not trying to convince you about this.
- Taping the first three classes, no confidentiality
- Council alone can decide whether this church can bless same sex marriage. Pastors are forbidden by our bishop to do so even outside of the church unless our church council grants permission.
- To inform our congregation and give space for discussion and discernment on this issue.
- To enable our council to create a clear statement of welcome to the homosexual community with the limits of our welcome stated.