- One commentator asks, “Are we more interested in ‘business as usual’ than we are in the power of God to deliver our disordered lives and the ones of those around us?”
- How do we resist God’s deliverance as the people do to Jesus? What drove their resistance? What drives ours?
- The man is sent to share the good news to the very people who were once afraid of him. Who are we sent to? Who is sent to us?
- This story not only refers to the liberation and healing of an individual, but the experience of people under imperial dominion.
- How does this passage continue to reflect Jesus’ dominion? How does this dominion relate to our lives?