Mark 10: 1-9
Questions for Discussion
- How do you receive Jesus’ sayings on divorce? What bothers you? What comforts you? What is the particular message you take from it?
- How are we hard-hearted? What keeps us from the purpose, will and creative love of God?
They went on from there and passed through Galilee. He did not want anyone to know it; 31for he was teaching his disciples, saying to them, ‘The Son of Man is to be betrayed into human hands, and they will kill him, and three days after being killed, he will rise again.’ 32But they did not understand what he was saying and were afraid to ask him.
- When else have the disciples been afraid? How are misunderstanding and fear related?
- Questions for Discussion
- If someone were to ask you, “who do you say Jesus is,” how would you answer?
- How do we choose to take up our cross? How do we determine what is our cross to bear?
- What is the importance is not using this phrase to glorify suffering or to view it passively?
- What kinds of pressures do you experience to deny Christ? Not just in words, but in actions?
- Another way to read verse 35: “For those who want to secure their life will lose it, and those who lose their life for my sake, and for the sake of the gospel, will save it.”
- How do we try to secure our life? What does it mean to lose our life for Christ? What does that look like in your life?