- What can close us off from Jesus’ work and power in our lives? What causes us to reject him?
- One commentator makes the distinction that the Twelve are sent, not with independent authority, but as an extension of Jesus’ authority.
- What is important about this distinction?
- In regards to the sending of the Twelve: “Learning to hear a passage like this and to respond obediently involves learning to listen to the prophetic call of God, and to the pain of the present world, and to live at the point of intersection between the two. And when the call comes, there’s not time to lose.” – N.T. Wright
- What does it look like to live in that intersection? How do you discern that call?